Custom Search

Friday, June 20, 2008

Today with TOI Editor

Appointment was for 12.30pm, Editor walked into the office at around 1.20pm and met me at 2.20pm. We discussed regarding my new Article "IT Professionals - The Hidden Power".

This is the third time I am meeting him in his chambers in a months time. First time we discussed about my Article on Chiranjeevi and Politics. He says it is not an Article but a big project report for Chiranjeevi. He promised to condense the same and do something about it. Later he also said that he is deterred by the size of the Article as it is over 3000 words. Nevertheless, he says he will work on it and asked me to meet him when he is free, may be in the evenings. Later he left for some country and we could not take it forward.

Second time we discussed about my Article on TRS and also on another Article on “Rain – Its effects in our society”. TRS in anyway is published in Andhra Jyothi. But regarding Rain related Article he says everything is fine and what I wrote will only happen but the suggestion I gave will not work. One of my suggestions is that our Administration and the Politicians should visit the developed countries to learn the methods, techniques and the technology used there and try to implement the same here. The Editor says many people including the Politicians have gone and enjoyed the foreign trips but nothing transpired. Ironically today TOI published a big NEWS on the Rain and the Administration.

Regarding today’s meeting, apparently he had not read my Article IT Professionals - The Hidden Power thoroughly. I had tried to explain him that it is not possible with govt., nor with anybody but the IT professionals, if they step in, can do wonders and also show a way to the society. He has asked me to call him tomorrow at 6.00pm to discuss regarding the same..

Now I need to see whether I will be able to get him over phone.


No comments: